My celebrity look-alikes.

Robert Oppenheimer and Robert Redford, to name but two of the lucky guys who look like me.

Who can resist the obvious. We are all celebrities.

Inspired once again by the Great Katester I went to myheritage and did celebrity look-alikes as below. Ever the scientist, I tested the process. Using first a photo taken by a professional, my newsreader’s picture students have said in the past, wearing glasses. Despite all the claims about face recognition software it was pretty clear in result one below that the glasses were the dominant consideration. My skin crawled to see Noam Chomsky so I immediately instituted another search.
celebrity_1.jpg
I tried another photograph – I must have been waiting for an appointment, because when else would I have the time for this frivolity? It is the second result below. Kate took this in the garden at home some time ago. Again the glasses figure. I chose another format and that limited the number of comparisons. I guess the high forehead invoked Boris Karloff as Frankenstein’s monster. Needless to say I did not settle for this but went on.
celebrity_2.jpg
Result three, still with glasses, and this picture taken last year in my office by someone from Faculty marketing who said she wanted to tell the world about me. I didn’t take that statement too seriously and neither did the world.
celebrity_3.jpg
Finally, I charged up my iPAQ and stuck out my arm and did a self-picture. Since it is a left profile most of the comparisons are left profiles but I like this group better. Why? Because it includes Robert Oppenheimer and Robert Redford, brains and beauty. Who can resist that comparison. It also includes Patrick Swayze who is also one of Kate’s comparisons. (His dad used to read me the news, along with millions of others. Get it?) Picture that, I was going to say, but you can see for yourself by finding her blog. There is a link in the entry “blogs I read.”
celebrity_4.jpg
I had the time to do this because I am once again waiting for someone who seems to be late.
An amusing and harmless exercise, just wish more people did it instead the harmful and distressing things some people do, but not to be taken seriously. Where the comparison can be seen, it is dominated by the obvious – the glasses, the profile, forehead – and in other cases I cannot see the comparison.
Try it at http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/face-recognition.php
Still I will survey those celebrity magazines with greater interest while idling at the grocery checkout line now that I know Robert Oppenheimer figures in them!

One thought on “My celebrity look-alikes.