Sydney Festival 2017

It’s a wrap for another year for us Festies. We went to five shows and found three winners, one curiosity, and the fifth.
Festie logo.jpg
In first place is Retro Futurismus. Whatever those Davy girls are on, there should be more of it! Followed closely by Ladies in Black. And showing, Measure for Measure.
That a mature Shakespeare plays came third is a surprise to us, too. But it was in Russian.
Measure_Social_1200x630.jpg
Ladies in Black was good as Goody’s should be. [The cognoscenti will get it, and hoi polloi won’t, and that is as it should be.]
Ladies-in-Black-promo.png
Retro Futurismus is genre-free and sometimes gender bending it is. Vaudeville one reviewer called it, and that will do. It is a variety show with some singing, some dancing, some wall climbing, some aerial without a net, a singing slinky, some ultraviolet light, and some more.
Retro -1.jpg
We found it amazing what can be done with bubble wrap, kitchen tongs, and house bricks. Strewth!
I am at a loss for words, except to say the next time Retro Futurismus puts on a show, I want to be there. The wit, the creativity, the energy, the bonhomie were all contagious.
Though I was intrigued by the description, i failed to list it when we consulted about our Festie this year. Why? Because it started at 09.45 pm, which is a good hour after I am in my pyjamas with a book in hand. But Kate said it was go, and so we went. She was right again. It was go!
We took an Opal bus each way and waited four minutes and nine minutes. The ride was twenty minutes. This I mention to indicate how easy and convenient it was.